Steps to Protect Cleaning Staff During COVID-19
Your safety is important. These simple steps can help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a face covering.
- Avoid dry sweeping, if feasible or use of high-pressure streams of water.
- Wear disposable gloves to clean, sanitize and disinfect common surfaces.
- Wipe equipment before and after use.
- Use EPA-approved disinfectants or cleaning chemicals.
- Use the warmest water level that is safe and dry laundry completely.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
- Maintain at least six feet between co-workers and customers.
- Wash your clothes as soon as you get home, if possible.
- Report any safety and health concerns to your supervisor.